Friday, October 9, 2015

Still Got That Hunger

Backdated, archival post

[link to original on tumblr]

---&---

I listened to Still Got That Hunger this morning, and I think it's great (even better than I expected).  This is just a note to say that I'm intentionally going to avoid talking about the album for a while (probably around a year) just because I want to be able to listen to it and enjoy it without feeling the need to analyze everything and start figuring out parts already (I'll get to that eventually).  I also want to avoid feeling like I'm forcing people to pay attention to certain things and think about them a certain way before they've had a chance to become familiar with the album for themselves.

One thing I noticed that I will briefly mention is that this is different from previous Zombies albums in that there isn't a song where Argent has all of the lead vocals.  Begin Here had "I Got My Mojo Working;" Odessey and Oracle had "I Want Her She Wants Me;" and Breathe Out, Breathe In had "Show Me the Way."  I remember an interview where he said that he always saves one song for himself to sing, but I guess there are exceptions (like As Far As I Can See).