Monday, October 5, 2015

"Beechwood Park"

Backdated, archival post

[link to original on tumblr]

---&---

I was thinking about "Beechwood Park" this morning, and I had an idea about the rhyme scheme of a few lines.  Incidentally, I recently re-worked my transcription so that the line breaks are more accurate, so my older posts with quotations aren't right.

Anyway, I was thinking about the lines "And the breeze would touch your hair / Kiss your face and make you care."  The "hair"/"care" rhyme works well in these lines because "the breeze" is the subject and a breeze is moving air (the "hair"/"care" rhyme simplified as "-air").  So there's a hidden sort of wind in the rhyme, and it's also in the actual lyrics.

I'm probably thinking about this too much, but there might be something to it.