Monday, October 26, 2015

"Just out of Reach"

Backdated, archival post

[link to original on tumblr]

---&---


When I listened to "Just out of Reach" yester-day, I noticed a four-note organ phrase during the last two-thirds of each verse.  There's more to the rest of the organ part than just chords, but that's what I have for now, along with that phrase and the first few bars of the solo (!).  I think this is the first keyboard solo I know a part of.

I also discovered that I was playing one of the guitar phrases in the wrong octave.

The guitar and bass aren't totally in sync during the middle of the organ solo (or rather, the place where the organ solo should be), and I was having some interference problems with my keyboard (I tried to cut out most of the excess noise, but there might still be some), so this isn't the best recording, but I do know more of the song now.