Saturday, February 24, 2024

Miscellaneous Observations

A couple days ago, I watched a video of the Zombies performing "This Old Heart of Mine" live in France in 1966.  Rod is glimpsed only briefly in the video, but I noticed that the shirt he's wearing seems to be the same one he's wearing on the cover of the I Love You album.  There's a slightly better view of him in the video for "Goin' to a Go Go" from the same appearance:


Here's the cover of I Love You:


In the Zombie Heaven liner notes, Chris White says, "We did the Emperor Rosko TV show, 'Dents De Lait Dents De Loups,' in Paris, with Sylvie Vartan and Marianne Faithfull," and the chronology explains that the Zombies were in Paris on 29 and 30 October 1966.  A number of years ago, I did some research (detailed here) and determined that the picture on the cover of I Love You was taken sometime between 5 and 20 November 1966 in Sweden.  (About seven months after I wrote that post, I found this video in which Rod and Colin mention that the picture was taken in Sweden.)  So the videos in the links above and the I Love You album cover are only a few weeks apart at the most.

---&---

Yester-day, I listened to Colin's Journey album because it was the fiftieth anniversary of its U.K. release, and I realized that the title may be a nod to Odessey and Oracle since journey and odyssey are synonyms.