Thursday, November 7, 2013

"Remember You" [single version]

Backdated, archival post

[link to original on tumblr]

---&---


I think I learned the piano part for the introduction and first verse of "Remember You."  I'm not sure if it's just the way I play it or if I figured it out wrong, it sounds a bit weird during the "and if I should change my mind" part.  I think the bass moves to F#, so maybe that B chord is inverted.

Also, I've figured out the opening guitar part.

(Possibly) fun fact:  this is one of only two songs released during the Zombies' time at Decca where Rod Argent uses piano (the other is "She's Coming Home").  All of the other songs were either not released until later ("If It Don't Work Out," "Don't Cry for Me," "I'll Call You Mine"), feature electric piano or organ, or had piano playing by Ken Jones ("Work 'N' Play").