Sunday, November 3, 2013

"A Rose for Emily"

Backdated, archival post

[link to original on tumblr]

---&---


I guess I'm learning piano parts now?

This is just the bass part of the piano (along with the final Asus4 to A major ending) and the 'cello part.  I don't have a 'cello and would have no idea how to even play one, so I used the fake 'cello setting on my keyboard.  I would not be averse to learning the actual instrument though (I'd actually prefer that to using the fake one).

I feel I should also mention that this is one of the songs in the book I have that contains sheet music to some of the Zombies' songs.  They have the chords listed, and three or four years ago, I learned it on guitar, but I'd like to learn it on the appropriate instrument this time.  So I may just use those instead of figuring it out for myself.  I did this much on my own though.