Monday, September 23, 2013

"Beechwood Park"

Backdated, archival post

[link to original on tumblr]

---&---


I have a list of what songs I have left to do rough versions of, and I realized that "Beechwood Park" wasn't on there.  I hadn't listed it because I didn't know all of the guitar parts.  The only chords I knew was the transition from Bsus4 to B.

So I felt bad about that and figured them out last night.  I think they're correct, but I'm a bit suspicious of the F major I put in here.

A few other things:

This is the first time I've really used any effects.

I have four versions of this that I listened to in order to learn it, and it's interesting how much the song changes between each of them.  It's also interesting that for a song written in 1967, the first performance was in 2006 (according to the Live at the Bloomsbury DVD).

This ends a bit abruptly, but on the original record, the organ and voices are the only things at the very end.