Monday, October 13, 2014

"She Does Everything for Me"

Backdated, archival post

[link to original on tumblr]

---&---


My novice audio engineering skills make themselves known with this.  I think the audio's peaked except for the introductory electric piano phrase and the very end, but it's still listenable.  (I would try to fix it, but I don't keep the project files for these, so I'd have to re-record the whole thing.)  I always have problems recording the guitar part for this.  I double-tracked it here with two different settings, which might have resulted in some of the audio peaking.

I got a word wrong - "Now I've found a girl that / I love instead" instead of "Now I've found a girl who / I love instead"

I can't do falsetto at all, so I dropped the falsetto backing vocals by at least an octave, probably two.

I don't think I'd ever really noticed that there are hand-claps in this song.  This is only the second time I've tried recording hand-claps.  This turned out better than that other time.